8 Factors Why I (Virtually) Switched to Sony from Canon for Videography & Photography
A query that I am asked frequently is: “Sony or Canon?” 1st off, the truth that this is a frequent query is meaningful by itself. A couple years ago I practically by no means got this query, but Sony has been innovating with their mirrorless cameras like a madman.
The concept that many loyal Canon users and new buyers alike are jumping to firms like Sony indicates the industry is altering. Canon who when had a tight hold on the mid-level DLSR video market is indeed losing its grip.
I’ve been struggling with the thought of switching over from Canon to Sony, a adjust complicated by the fact my wife (a specialist photographer) also uses Canon. I have hemmed and I have hawed for the last six months more than this.
In this video I explain my believed process behind choosing Canon or Sony and I lay out the eight major factors that I felt contributed to my final choice.
In the end, I decided to stick it out with Canon. I love my C100 II (my precious), having Canon Expert Services is a life-saver, and I do not need to have the newest and greatest camera gear to make excellent function. What I currently have not only works, it operates genuinely well.
Nonetheless, If I did not already personal a ton of Canon lenses/camera bodies and I was starting from scratch I would choose Sony. With constant firmware updates and hardware innovations Sony is just at the prime of the game proper now.
What I would recommend to you is to: decide on something that you like. Select something that doesn’t get in your way. Going with Sony or Canon does not make a huge distinction at this point (unless you are very specialized in something like low light work). Each companies make excellent cameras. What matters is that you purchase the camera you appreciate operating with so you can produce, so that you want to create due to the fact you want to operate with you camera.
## Things mentioned in this video on B&H Photo Video:
– Canon C100 Mark II — http://bhpho.to/2eocy0G
– Canon 5D Mark IV — http://bhpho.to/2c7dvN2
– Canon 1DX Mark II — http://bhpho.to/2dROd2w
– Sony a7R II — http://bhpho.to/2eVBxf9
– Sony a7S II — http://bhpho.to/2eKPQ6W
– Sony XLR-K2M XLR Adapter — http://bhpho.to/2dDtEJH
// SUBSCRIBE TO OUR CHANNEL //
Click right here to subscribe: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFHjtLWZRSCNno4Wv8NmHcg?sub_confirmation=1
// Comply with US ON SOCIAL //
GOOGLE +: http://google.com/+CalebWojcik
SNAPCHAT: @calebwojcik OR snapchat://?u=calebwojcik
// GEAR I USE //
Right here is the main gear I use to film my videos. Hyperlinks are affiliate hyperlinks that aid help the channel. For all gear we advocate go to http://www.DIYVideoGuy.com/gear
* Canon C100 Mark II: http://amzn.to/1mN4NV3
* Canon 5D Mark III: http://amzn.to/1QqKCWS
* Canon 60D: http://amzn.to/1QqKFSF
* Sony RX-100 mk IV: http://amzn.to/20rmTun
* Canon 35mm f1.four Lens: http://amzn.to/23rJMQN
* Canon 50mm f1.2 Lens: http://amzn.to/1Ijcp9f
* Canon 85mm f1.2 Lens: http://amzn.to/1n7Q6vX
* Canon 24-105mm f4 Lens: http://amzn.to/20rmPLc
* Canon 55-250mm f4.5-five.six Lens: http://amzn.to/1QPg6qZ
* Canon 40mm f2.8 Lens: http://amzn.to/20rmQyQ
* Rode NTG-three (shotgun mic): http://amzn.to/1QqLTgO
* Tascam DR-one hundred (audio recorder): http://amzn.to/1QqLSJP
* Shure SM7B (for voiceovers): http://amzn.to/1DWNX9Z
* Kino-flo Diva 401 Light Kit: http://amzn.to/202LCIV
// Cost-free COURSES //
Commence Our Cost-free 7-Day E-mail Course: Video Gear for Any Spending budget: http://www.diyvideoschool.com/courses/gear
Commence Our Free of charge Adobe Premiere Pro 101 Course: http://www.calebwojcik.com/premiere101
Start Our Cost-free Final Cut Pro X 101 Course: